Hi! I'm glad to
hear that you're all doing well. It's been a pretty rainy week here in
Yokosuka, but I'm doing well!
I got my birthday present for myself this week! Yes, I sent you a picture of a Kimono last week, but I didn't buy a kimono. Just to give you an idea: a kimono costs about $1,000 and you need a professional to dress you. It really is an art! But I couldn't do it on my own, so I had someone dress me and I took pictures with it in a studio! It was way fun! I felt like Mulan in the part where she goes to meet her matchmaker. Two ladies dressed me, and it took 30 minutes to put on the entire kimono. It reminds me of a corset, too, because it is super tight. I have so much respect for women here in Japan that wear one every day. It was a great birthday present, though, because Japanese people wear a kimono when they turn 20 and they go to a big party (I skipped the party part).
This week we saw three really big miracles, and they were all from different activities that we had. The first was at our English class. We saw one of our 15-year-old students starring at the picture of Christ, so we asked her what she was thinking about. Long story short, we gave her a Book of Mormon, and we set an appointment to study it together this week. I was way excited about that! She's like the perfect age, too, because Joseph Smith was 14 when he asked God which church is true.
The second miracle happened the next day. Since H Shimai is from Hawaii, she taught Hula class this week. One of our English class students came to that activity, so we started asking her about how
she discovered English class. She told us that she has actually been to church before in Yokohama and she has 5 or 6 member friends. Didn't see that one coming! We invited her to church, so we hope we will be able to meet with her again soon.
Miracle number three happened the next day. We had a Pancake Party (which was way fun and a lot of people came), and a different English class student came to that activity. H Shimai actually got talking to her, and the student asked how she can join our church. Apparently she went to school at a Christian school her whole life, so she still has interest in Christianity. We are going to talk to her more about it at English class this week.
Those three days were the happiest days ever! We saw so many miracles, and we were able to find prepared people! There truly is no greater happiness then helping someone come closer to Christ. Also, one of the women that I taught for a little bit in Kichijoji got baptized last week, so that was super exciting! I wasn't able to go, but that's ok though! So many miracles last week; it was incredible!
We weren't really able to meet with any of our investigators last week, but we found some new people who have really been prepared by The Lord! I couldn't be happier. Also, I went to the temple today, so that was just the cherry on top of this great week!
I love you all so much! I'm praying for you every day. This church is true, and I know it with all my heart! Transfer calls are next week, so I'll let you know how it goes! Love you!
Love,
I got my birthday present for myself this week! Yes, I sent you a picture of a Kimono last week, but I didn't buy a kimono. Just to give you an idea: a kimono costs about $1,000 and you need a professional to dress you. It really is an art! But I couldn't do it on my own, so I had someone dress me and I took pictures with it in a studio! It was way fun! I felt like Mulan in the part where she goes to meet her matchmaker. Two ladies dressed me, and it took 30 minutes to put on the entire kimono. It reminds me of a corset, too, because it is super tight. I have so much respect for women here in Japan that wear one every day. It was a great birthday present, though, because Japanese people wear a kimono when they turn 20 and they go to a big party (I skipped the party part).
This week we saw three really big miracles, and they were all from different activities that we had. The first was at our English class. We saw one of our 15-year-old students starring at the picture of Christ, so we asked her what she was thinking about. Long story short, we gave her a Book of Mormon, and we set an appointment to study it together this week. I was way excited about that! She's like the perfect age, too, because Joseph Smith was 14 when he asked God which church is true.
The second miracle happened the next day. Since H Shimai is from Hawaii, she taught Hula class this week. One of our English class students came to that activity, so we started asking her about how
she discovered English class. She told us that she has actually been to church before in Yokohama and she has 5 or 6 member friends. Didn't see that one coming! We invited her to church, so we hope we will be able to meet with her again soon.
Miracle number three happened the next day. We had a Pancake Party (which was way fun and a lot of people came), and a different English class student came to that activity. H Shimai actually got talking to her, and the student asked how she can join our church. Apparently she went to school at a Christian school her whole life, so she still has interest in Christianity. We are going to talk to her more about it at English class this week.
Those three days were the happiest days ever! We saw so many miracles, and we were able to find prepared people! There truly is no greater happiness then helping someone come closer to Christ. Also, one of the women that I taught for a little bit in Kichijoji got baptized last week, so that was super exciting! I wasn't able to go, but that's ok though! So many miracles last week; it was incredible!
We weren't really able to meet with any of our investigators last week, but we found some new people who have really been prepared by The Lord! I couldn't be happier. Also, I went to the temple today, so that was just the cherry on top of this great week!
I love you all so much! I'm praying for you every day. This church is true, and I know it with all my heart! Transfer calls are next week, so I'll let you know how it goes! Love you!
Love,
Sister Dansie
ダンジー姉妹
ダンジー姉妹



No comments:
Post a Comment