I got a hair cut today! That was the first haircut I've gotten in almost a year! My hair was super long, and I loved it! It wasn't super healthy, though, so I'm hoping by the time I come home my hair will be just as long again.
We didn't get to meet M this week because she was on vacation, but we are meeting with her this week, so we are way excited for that. We will probably be able to meet with a couple of our other investigators, too, which I'm really happy about.
We did meet with the Is this week. We continued to do Family English class with them. We taught them about prayer, and they understood it really well. They are a pretty Buddhist family, and don't have much interest in church, just in English; however, I think they are beginning to feel something. After we taught them prayer, we invited the mother to pray, and after she did, she looked at us as if she felt something. She didn't admit it, but we could tell. I hope they continue to feel the Spirit and grow.
I also finished the Pearl of Great this week, so I finished reading the entire Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. They are all such great books! I started over on the Book of Mormon again, and it's been great to re-read the exciting adventures of Nephi. I've really been able to apply every scripture to myself. I had a moment this week where I was prompted to talk to a certain man who was walking down the road (now, this was unusual because we, as sisters, don't usually talk to men) but I went with it! It reminded me of what Nephi says as he is walking to Laban's house. "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do," 1 Nephi 4:6. Nothing happened with that guy, but the time we spent talking to him led us to find another lady later on, so it was great. I love the promptings of the Spirit.
Another powerful thing that happened this week was we were able to go to a festival with a less-active member. We didn't do much at the festival, but we did talk to her for a long time. She had a bunch of questions and concerns about the Word of Wisdom and about God. We were trying to answer all of her questions, but it seemed like she kept having more and more. After trying to answer all of them, we eventually pulled out a scripture to read with her, as well as the "Who is God?" Pamphlet that we have recently acquired. After she read that, H Shimai started bearing her testimony about God. As she was speaking, the music from the festival faded away, and it became really warm and quiet. I added my testimony, and after that, the less-active member was silent. The Spirit was way strong! I know with all my heart that the Spirit is real and it whispers to each of us in still, quiet ways. I know that God is our Heavenly Father. He lives and knows us and loves us each individually. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary. My testimony of this wonderful gospel grows everyday.
I think that's about it for this week! It's been a pretty great, Spirit-filled week, which I'm super grateful for. I love you all so much and miss you! I pray for you all everyday! Talk to you soon! Have a good week! Love you!
Sister Dansieダンジー姉妹
P.S. Sorry, I don't have any pictures this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment