Hi everyone! I
can't believe I'm about to hit my 11th month mark tomorrow! And my year mark is around the corner. That just
blows my mind.
This week has been really great! We had another lesson with M. She is progressing wonderfully. We taught the Plan of Salvation and asked her to be baptized. She said if she for sure finds out this is the
right church, she will. We are excited to help her get that answer! We had a way funny story happen with her this week, so I'm going to try to explain it as best as I can. So we've been trying to get M to
meet a girl that's her same age in the branch (whose mother has been the member present at all of our lessons with M) because they could become friends, and that would help M. So on Saturday, M had some time, and so did this girl in the branch, J, and her mom. We wanted them all to meet, but we decided that having lunch together would be a good idea, so in under an hour, we threw together a huge lunch for all of them (which included riding our bikes to the store, buying enough food for it, coming back to our apartment, making the food, and then bringing it to the church for the lunch). It was such an adventure! It was a huge defining moment for M, though, because she became friends with J, and they actually exchanged phone numbers in the end. M was so, so excited! H Shimai and I love her so much! We have a lot of faith that she will be able to be baptized in the next month or two!
We also met with the Ks this week! It's been about 2 months since we've seen them because they've been busy. Because it's been so long, we figured a good lesson to do with them would be just reading the Book of Mormon together. We read 1 Nephi 8 and 11 together, which is about the Tree of Life and enduring to the end. It went great. Up until that point, the Ks had taken a break from reading the Book of Mormon and praying, but after we taught that lesson, they said they would read the Book of Mormon again. We hope we will see them again soon!
Sunday was a great day, too! After the Branch's church, we all gathered together and had a member missionary fireside. It was a really motivating fireside for the members. The man who presented pretty much praised us as sister missionaries because sisters are so new to Yokohama Stake. H Shimai and I felt really good during that fireside because we've been using members more and more these days, so
we feel like we really have gained their trust. After the fireside was over, we received an email from the sister who has been the member present in M's lessons. In that email, she had THREE family referrals for us! One referral is a miracle, but three?? We were so thrilled! It feels good because these members really only have one or two chances to introduce their friends to the missionaries, so, especially here in Japan, they wait until they know they can really rely on the missionaries. That email proved to us that the branch trusts us with their friends, and I feel so honored. I'm so happy to be a sister missionary here in Yokosuka!
We also had one other cool experience this week. We had dinner at an English member's house, who doesn't live on the Military Base, but out in the city, and we decided to go knock on some doors in that area after dinner. We've been doing a lot of knocking lately, but we have never found anyone with any interest in, not just our church, but Christianity. So last night when we went knocking, we actually found a woman who had interest in hearing our message, and will come to the church this Friday to meet with us! That never happens! It was a huge miracle! We are way excited to meet with her again on Friday.
That's everything for this week! What a great couple of weeks it has been! I love this Gospel, and I know it is true with my whole heart. I love you all, and I'll talk to you next week! I'll be sending my email on Tuesday because we are going to the temple next week! Have a good week! I love you!!
Sister Dansie


No comments:
Post a Comment