Monday, September 8, 2014

Transfer 7: Yokosuka Continued!


Hi!

We got our transfer calls today! H Shimai and I spent like an hour and a half cleaning our apartment, first of all because it needed it, and second to keep our mind off of transfer calls because I always get so nervous. I definitely didn't want to leave Yokosuka because I LOVE  it here. I loved Machida, too, but I really love Yokosuka. Well, we got our call...and H Shimai and I are staying together for another transfer! Wahoo! We had a lot of fun last transfer and worked really hard, so I'm excited to keep doing that this transfer! And I don't have to say goodbye to anyone! That's always the worst part of transferring. Remember how I had M Shimai for two transfers, too? In our mission, it's kind of rare to have a companion for more than one transfer, and now I'll have two companions for more than one transfer! It's awesome!

This week was pretty great! We had a lesson with our investigator, M, the 15-year-old. It went way well! Up until that point, she said she had been reading the Book of Mormon everyday, and she was on 1 Nephi 8. We were blown away! It's so interesting because she's read the Bible before; however, her interest in the Bible came because she has interest in Greek Mythology! After reading the Bible, she said she liked what it taught in it, and she said she was learning similar principles in the Book of Mormon. We taught her more about the Book of Mormon, prayer, and the Holy Ghost. She said the word Holy Ghost, which in Japanese is
聖霊 (seirei), reminded her of "light". She is so golden!! We have another appointment with her this week before Eikaiwa, and we are going to teach her the Restoration. We are excited! The Relief Society President came and helped us with our lesson, and she's going to come help again on Thursday.

We didn't have any other lessons this week, we've just been doing a lot of finding. We rode our bikes a lot this week to go to less-active members' houses, and we discovered that Yokosuka has a lot of hills. So that was fun! We've also had a couple of activities, too. I don't know if I told you last week, but H Shimai is doing Hula class, and I've discovered that I really like hula. Remember when we became certified hula dancers? Using that to my advantage now! We are having a lot of fun in Yokosuka!

I love you all and I'm praying for you everyday! Have a good week! Love you!

Sister Dansie
ダンジー姉妹



 

No comments:

Post a Comment