Hello, this is
Dansie Shimai reporting live from warm, beautiful Machida, Japan! (Did you like
my reporter intro?) we had one big rainstorm this week, but other than that,
the weather has been
beautiful. It's really getting warm, so it feels like spring finally! And you know what that means? The cherry blossoms will be blooming here in the next week or two! I can't wait! It's going to be
beautiful! I'll send pics when they bloom!
We still don't have any investigators, but that's all right. We met a lady on the street Sunday who lives super close to the church and wants to come on Sunday! That was a huge miracle! She's a hoot. We are excited for her, and we hope things will work out!
On Sunday, M Shimai and I had the opportunity to go into Primary and bear our testimony about Jesus Christ. It was so cute! The kids were learning, "I Stand All Amazed", so we got to sing that with them. They kept saying how pretty we were. It was cute! Then later that evening, we went to a members house for dinner. It was super fun! The father in the home is a return missionary, so he gave us good advice about working hard but still taking time to smell the roses on your mission. Also, this family is on the cover of the Japanese Word of Wisdom pamphlet, so I had them sign it haha. I know famous people!
Not a lot else happened this week. I went on splits in Tama again, which was fun. Today for P Day, we are going to the zoo, so I'm so excited! I'll take pictures!
One thing did happen yesterday. There was an accident at the train station that involved someone committing suicide. I didn't witness it, but I heard about it. It makes me so sad to think that some of these Japanese people have no hope. All they do is work all day. That's all they live for. The truly sad thing is that suicide is not uncommon in Japan. I think it actually happens quite often. It breaks my heart! There is always hope! Jesus Christ is that light and hope, and through believing in him, we can get through any hard time in our lives. This reminds me of my favorite scripture, D&C 121:7-8: "My son, peace be unto thy soul. Thine adversities and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment." Through Christ, we can find true happiness. I know this is true! I know this church is true! I love being a missionary and sharing the gospel with my brothers and sisters in Japan! I have the privilege of bringing that light to them!
I love you all so much! I miss you! As always, thank you for your support! I'll talk to you next week!
Lexie
ダンジー姉妹
beautiful. It's really getting warm, so it feels like spring finally! And you know what that means? The cherry blossoms will be blooming here in the next week or two! I can't wait! It's going to be
beautiful! I'll send pics when they bloom!
We still don't have any investigators, but that's all right. We met a lady on the street Sunday who lives super close to the church and wants to come on Sunday! That was a huge miracle! She's a hoot. We are excited for her, and we hope things will work out!
On Sunday, M Shimai and I had the opportunity to go into Primary and bear our testimony about Jesus Christ. It was so cute! The kids were learning, "I Stand All Amazed", so we got to sing that with them. They kept saying how pretty we were. It was cute! Then later that evening, we went to a members house for dinner. It was super fun! The father in the home is a return missionary, so he gave us good advice about working hard but still taking time to smell the roses on your mission. Also, this family is on the cover of the Japanese Word of Wisdom pamphlet, so I had them sign it haha. I know famous people!
Not a lot else happened this week. I went on splits in Tama again, which was fun. Today for P Day, we are going to the zoo, so I'm so excited! I'll take pictures!
One thing did happen yesterday. There was an accident at the train station that involved someone committing suicide. I didn't witness it, but I heard about it. It makes me so sad to think that some of these Japanese people have no hope. All they do is work all day. That's all they live for. The truly sad thing is that suicide is not uncommon in Japan. I think it actually happens quite often. It breaks my heart! There is always hope! Jesus Christ is that light and hope, and through believing in him, we can get through any hard time in our lives. This reminds me of my favorite scripture, D&C 121:7-8: "My son, peace be unto thy soul. Thine adversities and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment." Through Christ, we can find true happiness. I know this is true! I know this church is true! I love being a missionary and sharing the gospel with my brothers and sisters in Japan! I have the privilege of bringing that light to them!
I love you all so much! I miss you! As always, thank you for your support! I'll talk to you next week!
Lexie
ダンジー姉妹
No comments:
Post a Comment