Monday, March 24, 2014

Transfer 2 Complete!

Hello family!

I'm no longer a greenie because I'm now on Transfer 3! I have some news (drum roll please) I'm staying in Machida for another transfer! M Shimai and I are still together, and the other two sisters are staying together too! We are so excited! We've had so much fun this last transfer, so we are excited for another transfer of fun! This last transfer went by so fast! It's crazy! I wonder if they'll all go this fast!

This week has been really fun! We started off by going to Tama Zoo as sisters for P-Day, and it was so fun! It beats Hogle Zoo by 100! I'll send some pictures! We will have to go to that zoo when you come to Japan!

You know how I told you about the suicide last week? Well the other sisters were the ones who witnessed it, so it really affected them. So in order for them to refocus, we decided it would be a good idea to spend some time learning about Japanese history, so we went to a shrine in Kamakura and prayed there! On the way there, we rode a train where we saw both Mt. Fuji up close and the ocean! It was incredible! The shrine was a super spiritual experience too! I learned that Japanese people are actually very religious, devoted people. Buddhism and Shinto religion are actually really close to our religion. They have a story of where Jesus visited Japan long ago, but they have a different name for him. It was cool because when I read in 3 Nephi, it says He goes and visits other tribes, so He went and visited Japan! Such a cool experience! I'll send pictures!

For P-Day today we went and played sports for a while, so that was fun. Also, it's officially spring here! The cherry blossoms have started blooming! It's beautiful, but I am excited for next week because they will be more full!

As for people, we haven't taught any lessons this week, but we have made some really good friends, and we have some appointments for this week, so we are really excited! I'm excited to be in Machida for another transfer and help these people more! We also had a concert the other day put on by two elders because they are really talented, and a lot of people came! Members, less actives and non members came, and it was a really awesome experience! Some people have interest in meeting the missionaries more now because of it! Miracles are happening here in Machida! I'm excited to see where things go from here! I loved being in Kichijoji, but I really, really love Machida! It's great here!

Also, funny thing for the week: I have random people that want to take my picture all the time! Even if I just talk to them for a minute, they want to take my picture haha. It's really funny! I think I had 4 people take my picture this week. I guess my face is just all over Tokyo now! It's really funny!

That's about all for this week! I love you, Mom, Dad, and Hailey, so much! Thank you for being a great family! Thank you for all the support! I miss you all, but now 5 months has flown by. I'll be home
before you know it!

Love you!
Lexie

ダンジー姉妹

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment