Monday, May 26, 2014

Combined Mission Conference

こんにちわ! みんあ元気?先週は素晴らしかったです。

Hello family! How are you all doing?


This week was great! Not a ton happened. We didn't have a lot of appointments, but we made some for this week, so I'm excited!

We started off
the week by going to the temple on Tuesday, which was amazing! I love, love, love the Tokyo Temple! Fun fact: it's the most expensive temple in the world. Then after the temple, I actually got a pretty big headache from out of the blue, so we stayed home the rest of the day.


The next day I woke up with the same headache. Even though my head was bothering me, we continued on as normal. We went on splits that day, and I was with a newer sister here in Machida. She's actually going through a pretty hard time with dendo right now too, so we pretty much just talked the whole day and gave each other advice. It was much needed because after we finished talking, my head felt better! I guess I just had a lot of pressure and stress built up in there. My head's felt better since then, so I'm way happy we went on splits.

On Friday, we went to Sagamihara (the city next to Machida) for a "Questions of the Soul" event. It's an event that President Wada puts on around the mission, and we watch clips of a movie and talk about a gospel principle. This time we watched a movie about Ghandi and talked about charity and faith. It was great, and the spirit was really strong! We brought one of our friends who really seemed to enjoy it.

Saturday was the best day ever! We woke up at 4:50am to get on a train for the Combined Mission Conference, where Elder Cook (of the Twelve)and Elder Maynes (of the presidency of the Seventy) spoke to all the missionaries in the both Tokyo and Tokyo South mission. Before the actual talks thought, we got to spend about an hour just talking to all of our friends, which was way fun! A lot of good reunions. In all, there were about 400 missionaries there. The talks given were incredible! We were so spiritually uplifted. At one point, all the missionaries stood up and sang, "Hark All Ye Nations," which was so powerful. We were all ready to talk to all of Tokyo after that! We got to shake their hands too, which was incredible. We may be getting a new apartment soon! Wahoo!! Can't wait for that!


Sunday was great too! We had a baptism for two of our ward mission leaders kids who turned 8! It was so cute! It reminded me of my own baptism day a long time ago, and it reminded me of how it's so important for my own kids to be baptized when they turn 8 (but that's in the very far future).

That's about all the exciting things that happened this week! I love being a missionary here in Japan. It's changed my life, and I know I'll remember it forever. The church is true! I have no doubt in my mind about that! I love you all and miss you! Have a good week! Talk to you next week!
Love,

Lexie
ダンジー姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment