Monday, June 2, 2014

7 Months and Machida Music Fesitval

Hello, family! What a hot week it's been here in Japan! I'm pretty much sweating as soon as I walk outside. It's gross. But rain season is right around the corner, as it's June now, and then it just gets hotter from there. Oh boy!

We are not letting the weather stop us from dendoing, though! We had a really busy, exciting week this week! As you saw from the pictures, we went with the I family to lunch, which was so fun! And the food was delicious. They were so nice!

On Tuesday, I went on splits with one of the newer sisters in the mission, so that was way fun! We also got a call from the mission office that day saying we would be moving into a new apartment on Tuesday. We were so excited, but also a little overwhelmed. Our apartment right now was an Elders apartment about a year ago, and it's had missionaries in it now for about 10 years, so it's really old and it's actually pretty big. So we had a lot of cleaning to do! B Shimai(From New Zealand) has lived in that apartment now for about 4 months, so we are actually kind of sad to leave it. Even though it's old, it grew on us! (Literally, the mold has grown on us). Oh well, on to new adventures!

Wednesday we had a really cool experience happen. It was after English class, and pretty much everyone but Y, a few other people, and the missionaries had gone home. As he was about to get in his car, Y couldn't find his keys. We all decided to say a prayer, and the Elders' investigator offered it. After he finished saying the prayer, all the missionaries were frantically praying in our hearts that we would find the keys. At that point, he had checked his bag about 3 times, but he checked it again, and sure enough, there they were! It was a really cool experience, and I think it really built the Elders' investigator's testimony about prayer. It sure strengthened ours! Another thing that happened Wednesday, we met with our investigator, U, who wants to get baptized but keeps drinking tea. We told her that if she stopped drinking tea, we would help her by stop eating ice cream, that way we would go through this together. I thought it would be easy, but I've never been more tempted to eat ice cream in my entire life than I have the past couple of days! I hope that she is able to stop drinking tea.

Thursday was fun because we got to go and eat crepes with some of our PIs. That's about all that happened that day.

Friday we went to visit a member in the hospital, and her roommate, whose mom we've given a Book of Mormon to before, just came back from getting two new casts on her legs. She wanted us to draw Mickey and Minnie Mouse on it, but I'm terrible at drawing, so I was way nervous! My Mickey turned out all right, and I'm really thankful for that fun experience. Those are one of those things that I feel like only happen as a missionary. I also hit my 7 month mark!

Saturday was amazing! We had a big music concert here in Machida, and about 200 people came! There were lots of musical acts, including a gospel singer coming and all of us getting up and dancing! Also, the missionaries all got up and sang a song together, so the spirit was really strong. We had a blast there!

We had another lesson just today with our Investigator, U San, and her son (the missionary) was able to join us on Skype, so it was a really powerful lesson!

Not much else happened this week! I have to go because we have a lot of cleaning left to do! I love you all and miss you so much! I'm praying for you everyday! Thank you for all the support! Love you!
愛しています

Lexie
ダンジー姉妹


No comments:

Post a Comment