Monday, January 5, 2015

2015!


Hey everyone! I can't believe it's already 2015! 明けましておめでとうございます。

It's been a pretty good week! New Years in Japan is absolutely crazy, so that means that a lot of people aren't at home because they're at the shrines. Needless to say, this week was a little hard for dendo, but it was fun!

As you saw on Facebook, we met with a member and talked to her about New Year's resolutions. That was really fun! I've never really thought about resolutions in the past, but it was definitely fun to talk about it with her. Another one of my resolutions is to apply everything I've learned as a missionary so far and make my last 5ish months the best.

New Year's Day was really fun! One tradition in Japan is to get up and watch the sunrise. So we met up with our Korean friend who is visiting Japan for a couple of months and watched the sunrise. It was freezing but really cool! It was kind of cloudy that morning, but there was just enough break in the clouds to see the first sunrise of 2015. That night, we went up to a place called Kamakura to have dinner. Kamakura is a huge tourist spot because of the shrine there, and, because it was New Years and everyone wants to go to the shrine, it was SO BUSY there! Just unbelievable! I didn't get a picture, but it seemed like about half of Tokyo showed up. (Also, mom, to answer your question, there are about 16 million people that live in my little mission.) the dinner was great, though! We had pineapple soaked ham, so it was delicious! We had a fun time with that member. He also brought a nonmember to dinner, as well. The members really have missionary fire here!

We also met a really cool guy this week! He's a guy from Africa, and he stopped us because he said he was from Utah! We got talking to him, and he lived in Layton for here years, and attended the University of Utah while I was there! Also, he said he worked in the Union while I was an Orientation Leader there! I don't remember ever seeing him there, but it's cool we were there the same time as me! He joined the Navy, and that's why he's in Yokosuka now! He heard all of the lessons, he attended the redecoration of the Ogden Temple, and he has a Book of Mormon, but his family are devout Catholics, so he doesn't want to go against his family by getting baptized into this church even though he loves what we believe. He came to a Young Single Adult dinner we had last night, and he was accepted really well! I'm not sure if he will get baptized anytime soon, but he definitely will in the future! It's cool to see who the Lord puts in your path! He really prepares people to hear the Gospel. We were led to find our friend, T, for a reason. I love this work!

Way good week this week! I love you all so much! Have a good week!

Sister Lexie Dansie




No comments:

Post a Comment