Monday, December 8, 2014

Depression and the Atonement

 
Hello!!

It's really weird thinking about coming home. I've thought a lot about what to do at the end of my mission. Honestly, I have really mixed feelings about coming home. I'm excited, but I'm sad too. It will be here soon though!

This week was good! M actually hit a really low point in her depression, so she's been down for about a week. Because of that, she didn't come to church, so she can't get baptized on the 20th. We are still working with her though, so there's hope for the future! I think when she gets back up, I think she will be all for it again. Depression is really hard! I didn't realize how truly real it is until this transfer. It's scary, but I'm grateful for the knowledge that through the Atonement, we can rise above anything because our Savior has felt the same pain.

The good news is we got two other baptismal dates this week!! Our friend J, the Chinese, agreed to be baptized. Chinese are amazing! They are so humble and willing to follow Christ. Her date is for January 17th, and we are way excited! The other woman is K, who is half Japanese half American, and her American family are all members. She is scheduled to be baptized on February 7th! I'm excited for her because her family is here to support her on this journey towards baptism. We've been seeing a lot of miracles recently, which I'm so happy about. It's amazing being an instrument in the Lord's hand.

That's about all for this week! Sorry it's kind of short, but this is all the news that's happening lately! I love you all, and I'll talk to you soon!! Love you!

Sister Lexie Dansie




No comments:

Post a Comment