Monday, August 11, 2014

Everyone is Important in the Sight of God


Thank you for all the birthday wishes his week! It's not even my birthday yet, but it can tell that it's going to be a super memorial birthday. 20th birthdays here in Japan are actually the biggest birthdays for Japanese people. It's their "coming of age." So, I've decided to do something super cool with my birthday money that most Japanese girls do on their 20th birthday. You'll have to wait for a few weeks to find out what it is, but it's super Japanese culture so I'm way excited!

Anyways, on to this weeks miracles. We've been pretty busy this week; however, Satan has been working hard on our investigators this week because we weren't able to meet with any of them. They were all sick, on vacation, lost their keys, etc. but, we still had a good week because we did a lot of finding and talking to people! One of our focuses, too, was Facebook. Hurlbut S. And I have decided to start posting more things on FB to help our online friends, so you'll probably be seeing more of me from now on. We've also been working with less-actives here, because they are just as important as anyone else. We've had a pretty big tragedy in the branch. One of the most sweetest ladies is on her death bed right now because she has a tumor in her liver; however, one of her best friends was a less-active member, but because this is happening, this friend is coming back to church. It's truly a miracle because she has been inactive for a number of years. We are going to go to the hospital this week to see this member who is sick, as well as teach her less-active friend a lesson and help her feel Christ's love for her.

Another cool less-active miracle that happened this week! We rode out on our bikes a little ways to visit an inactive lady in the branch. When we got there, she was a little surprised to see us, but she answered the door and we were able to talk to her. Turns out that she hasn't been to church in 40 years, and we were the first sisters to ever visit her. Right now she says she has no interest in church, but we are going to invite her church activities and hopefully bring her back to activity. We are hoping to work more with less-actives as the transfer goes on, so I'm hoping we can see more miracles with that.

I'm super grateful this week to all the members in the ward because we pretty much had dinner at a member's house every night. We didn't even really need to buy food last week because of all the dinners. I decided that I'm going to be super nice to missionaries when I grow older and have them over to my house all the time, because I'm so grateful for what the ward members are doing for me.

Nothing really else happened this week. I'm so grateful for all the miracles, and I'm extremely grateful to be serving in both a Japanese branch and an English ward because I feel like I have the best of both  worlds. I'm grateful for this gospel and all that it brings to my life as well as the life of my investigators. I'm grateful for you all! Again, thank you so much for the birthday wishes and package! I've felt so much love this week, and all though I'm sad I can't spend this birthday at home, I think it's really going to be one to remember. I love you all so much, and I miss you! Have a good week! Talk to you when I'm 20! (That's so weird to think about haha). Love you!

Lexie
ダンジー姉妹
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment