Monday, August 18, 2014

Birthday!

Hey everyone!

This is 20-year-old Sister Dansie coming at you live from Yokosuka, Japan! I can't believe I'm 20!! This is sooo weird. I don't feel 20. It was such a great birthday, though! We woke up at 6:30 as usual, but
right as we did, the phone rang. It was the Elders in my district calling to wish me a happy birthday. That started the day off nicely! I was still half-asleep when I was on the phone, but it was nice! Then H Shimai planned with the entire zone to have them sing Happy Birthday to me, as well as write me a birthday card. She's sneaky! After that, we actually had to go to a funeral of one of the ladies in the branch whom I loved, so that was a little bit of a downer. But the rest of the day was happy! We made a cake in the rice cooker. It turned out amazing! We had a yellow cake mix from on base, so we put all the ingredients in and cooked it. It was so delicious and moist! We decided we couldn't have it all to ourselves, so we went and gave pieces of cake to random people in the park. Because of that, we actually found a really good, potential person that has interest in the church. Then we went and visited a less-active and talked to her for a little bit. Then we went to our English class, and the Elders got everyone to sing happy birthday to me, so I got way embarrassed, but it was fun! Great birthday! I'll never forget spending my 20th birthday here in Japan!

The rest of this week has been really good, too! H Shimai and I have had a lot of desire to find new people, especially since the lady in the branch passed away. Therefore, we have been working really hard this week, and we've been really guided by The Spirit. We've found a couple of people that seem like they've been really prepared, and they want to come to church. I'm way excited! I want to keep the energy we've had this week throughout the rest of my mission!

We also had interviews this week, so we got to meet one-on-one with President Wada. It was so nice. We get to talk about pretty much anything with him. He said he put the two, "happiest sisters [me and
Hurlbut S.] together." He's happy with what we are doing, so we got a lot of what we call, "dendo fire," from that.

One thing. A member explained this to me, and I thought it was really cool! Go look at 1 Nephi 1:20 and Moroni 10:3. What do they talk about? The mercies of The Lord. That's essentially the thesis statement of the Book of Mormon! The Lord is merciful because he loves all of us! Just wanted to show you all that :)

Thank you for all the birthday wishes/pictures. I love you and miss you all so much! Have a good week! Love you!

Lexie
ダンジー姉妹



No comments:

Post a Comment