Let's start with Tuesday! We had a lesson with one of our
investigators, P San. She's been an investigator for a long time, but it went
well! She speaks English, which is nice. She's been baptized into another
church, but we have faith that she will get baptized soon! Also, I went on
splits again to Kunitachi, but this time I was with T Shimai, who's Nihonjin.
She actually entered the field the same time I did! She was surprised that I
could actually speak Japanese! Haha. We had fun though on the splits because
neither of us really know what we're doing.
Wednesday we tried talking to people by a river in
Kunitachi, but it wasn't too successful because there weren't a lot of people
at the river. I did find a lady that had visited Salt Lake before, though! We
talked to her a little bit and gave her a flyer. Later that evening, we had a
lesson with R San, who's come to Eikaiwa (English class) for a long time now.
She's so great and really sweet! We talked about the gospel with her, and she
said, after some studying, she would get baptized! Wahoo! New investigator!
That doesn't happen a lot, so we were really excited! Then we went to Eikaiwa
after that, which was really fun. Our friend Y San came, and she brought
Kimonos! I got to wear one! I'll try sending the picture later on. I was
so excited! I felt so Japanese!
Thursday we went to an all you can eat waffles place with
a member for lunch. It was super fun! I love waffles, and I ate it with ice
cream. It was amazing! Then we went to that big park that you looked up,
Inkoshira park. It was great! The spirit prompted me to go talk to a girl who
was sitting on a bench, and so we did. She actually had a lot of interest in
religion and God. She has been to Salt Lake before too, so she knows Mormons!
We gave her a Book of Mormon, and she seemed really happy, so we will see what
happens! Also that day, we received a referral who sounds really golden! She's
from the Philippines (I love Filipinos here. They're all so spiritual) and she
wants to go on a church tour. I think we are meeting with her this week, so I'm
stoked. After that, we went to Sports Night, where we played basketball and
volleyball. It was so fun! I wore my Utah shirt, so I got a lot of comments
haha. It was so fun!
Friday we went to another lunch place with members, but
this time they had unlimited bread. It was amazing! We also had a really good
hamburger thing. It was a great meal, and super fancy! After that, we went to
the park again (we go there a lot), and in the lake, I saw a turtle! It was the
cutest thing! I love turtles! That's about all that happened that day.
Saturday we went to a new park which was even bigger, and
it was amazing! They have a sledding like hill, trampolines, dog park,
everything! It's amazing, and we talked to a lot of people! We were so tired
afterwards though. But it's ok, it's a good tired! After that, we went to yet
another buffet with a potential investigator (we ate out a lot this week), but this time we ate
unlimited desserts. It is literally called Sweets Paradise. So good! Remember
when we went to Las Vegas and I ate more desserts than actual food? Well that
happened again haha. The potential investigator we went with is K San, and she will probably become
an investigator. It was so fun! Then after that, we went to a fireside with
President Wada, where we talked about Alma 36! It was amazing! If you haven't
read that chapter lately, it's incredible!
Sunday there was a baptism in the ward! Her name is A San,
and she's from Mongolia, but she speaks perfect English. She's the cutest thing
in the world! The other sisters taught her, but we all became really good
friends with her. She was absolutely glowing! It was so fun! We loved seeing
her, and P San (our investigator) came! It was great!
That's about all that happened this week. Some other
random things though are it shocks me how interested people are in my family
history and that my ancestors were members of the church. In Japan, the average
is two generations of church members, so it shocks people when I have more! Our
family is like, what, five or six right? I have no idea, but people love it!
It's so fun! Also, my language is really coming along. I have a hard time
understanding still, but I can keep a conversation with people! I'm so
excited! The Lord has definitely helped me every step of the way!
That's all for this week! I'll try sending some pictures
again later on. Thanks for always supporting me and emailing me every week.
It's so fun to hear from all of you! I love you all so much and miss you. I
pray for you everyday. Have a great week!
Love you! 愛してます
ダンシ姉妹 Dansie Shimai
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment