Monday, January 20, 2014

Week Three in Japan!

I survived week 3! Things are looking up! We had a couple of lessons this week, but they were all pretty rough because no one seems to be showing interest. Oh well, we will keep pushing forward! We find more people everyday, so hopefully that will work out! The best way of finding here in Japan is the free English class we teach every Wednesday. It's so fun too! We always have a blast at it, and we find a lot of people!

Ok, guess what I learned this week! They have fry sauce in Japan!! We went to a diner type place for lunch, and they totally had fry sauce. I was freaking out! Japan and Utah are so similar! Some other good things I had this week are a cabbage pancake-I can't remember the actual name, but it was great, tempura, and yakisoba! I seriously love almost all the Japanese food I come in contact with! I tried mogicha this week though, which is the cigarette water that everyone talks about. It's not as terrible as I thought it would be, but if I had my way, I wouldn't drink it again haha. We also had a very American meal at a members house with pasta, bread, and salad. It was so great! For once it didn't taste like fish or rice! I also tried this Indian place near us which has amazing curry! I never thought I would like curry, but it's so good! As long as I get the mild stuff haha.

Thanks for sending me the letters! I really love reading about everything that's happening at home. Thanks for always sending me motivational stuff too, it makes my day and really lifts my spirit! Today, we went to a pet shop just for fun, and they had small little baby kittens there. It reminded me of when we first got our cats. They were so cute!! I about died!

Sounds like we might be getting iPads this week or next, so I'm totally stoked to start using them! It's going to be so fun! The next time I email, it might be on an iPad!

Also this week, I went on splits with Sister E in the Kunitachi area, and it was a blast. We saw a lot of miracles. There's a lot of gaijin power when two americans work together! Haha. I saw Mount Fuji! I was so excited! It's covered with snow, so it's gorgeous!

That's about everything that happened this week! I love you all and miss you so much! Have a great week!

Dansie Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment