Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week Six!

TIME IS FLYING! Holy cow, I'm so not ready to go to Japan. We got a letter from our Mission President today, and I had a baby panic attack. My language is coming along pretty well, but I know it will be totally different when I get to Japan. I've been able to memorize the baptismal commitment and the First Vision in Japanese, so it's pretty exciting. The First Vision still needs a little bit of work though, so hopefully I'll have it mastered soon. Our lessons are coming along well. We can effectively communicate, but our teachers talk really slow compared to actually Nihonjin, so it should be interesting when we get out there. 

Here's how my week was! Happy December!

Sunday was great. Our devotional was on how to work with members, so really useful! We also watched the Testaments movie. It made me cry at the end. It's super good! 

Monday was good. We taught Nagashimada san, and we found out that she has some issues with her husband. We hope we can offer her some good advice next time we teach her! I also decided to start learning one kanji a day that day, so it's pretty exciting. I know some kanjis! I feel so cool!

Tuesday, woke up to snow. Gross! It snowed all day long, and we got about a foot here in Provo. M Shimai loved it! I'm glad you were all safe driving around that day. I was really worried. We taught Sato san about the Atonement, and he really liked it. Our devotional was supposed to be given by Elder Ballard, but because of the snow, he couldn't make it. We had Elder Hafen speak instead, but he did a great job! I know he was the one that was supposed to come that day. 

Wednesday we got to host in the freezing cold, but it was still fun! I hosted three girls. One was from American Samoa! It was really cool getting to talk to them.

Thursday was like Christmas for us because we got our Japanese name tags! They look so cool!! They came really early, so we were all super excited! Also, it was 11 degrees that day. So it was kind of terrible. Haha oh well! Thursday was great. 

Friday we had our first lesson with a member present. It went really well! We taught Sato san about the Gospel! The member, Tanaka san, really related to him, so I hope he can come to the rest of our lessons with Sato san! 

Overall, it was a great week. I'm super scared to go to Japan, but way excited at the same time. I'm glad to hear that the Utes won their last game. I hope next year goes better for them! 

I love you, and miss you all so much. I'll get pictures out soon. I hope you have a great week!

-Dansie Shimai


Lexie wanted to make sure she represented the U. while living in BYU Cougar country, so she wore her knee-high University of Utah socks with her boots!




No comments:

Post a Comment