Sunday, December 15, 2013

Week Seven!

Hey! How's everyone doing this week?

Here's my week!

Sunday was great! We had Neill Marriott from the Young Women's Presidency speak to us in R.S., and she's amazing! She converted at 22, so she's an amazing woman. We watched the Christmas Devotional that night, and it was great. I hope you all enjoyed it too! We watched a movie about the First Vision and Kirtland, Ohio, after that! It made me want to go there someday! We also said goodbye to some of the missionaries in our branch that night headed to Tokyo. My district is the next to go! 

Monday wasn't very productive, but we translated a scripture from Nihongo to English, and it was pretty cool! I thought about it a little bit differently, and it was a cool experience. 

Tuesday was interesting. I feel like I kind of hit a wall with the language, but it got better. We asked Sato san (our stubborn investigator) to be baptized, and he agreed! Didn't see that one coming! He's scheduled for January 1st! We had Quinten L. Cook for our devotional! We are so spoiled here in the MTC! He did a wonderful job, and it was so cool to see him in person. 

Wednesday, we got new missionaries in our branch! They remind us of how much we really have learned. They're so cute though, we've already become really good friends. There are 4 international missionaries, 2 elders from Australia, 1 sister from New Zealand, and 1 sister from Mexico.

Thursday was great! We taught Jon that day, and it was our last lesson before his baptism on Sunday, so it was pretty cool. He invited us to a barbecue at his house afterwards. If only this was real life! A BBQ sounds so good! 

Yesterday was good. We had FHE with the girls in our branch, and it was really fun to get to know the new girls. We had two lessons, so it was really busy planning that day. They both went well though, so it was good! 

That's about all for the week! The language is still coming, there's a lot that I don't know. I'm excited to get to Japan though! It's going to be great. I love you all, and I hope you have a great week! Thanks for all the love and support, I feel it every day. I love you all, and I miss you so much!

ai shitemasu

-Dansie Shimai
 

No comments:

Post a Comment