Sunday, December 22, 2013

Week Eight!

HOLY CRAP! I'm leaving for Japan in a week. That's so scary, but I'm so excited too. We got our flight plans yesterday! We land in Tokyo Narita Airport at 4:55 on December 31st. Just in time for New Years! I've heard that they have a three day celebration for New Years, so I'm super excited for that.

The basketball game against BYU sounds like it was awesome! The Utes are back!!

Here's my week:

Last p-day was great! We built a gingerbread house because one of the elder's mom sent them a kit. It was super fun, and I'll send a picture of it. We also taught a Nihonjin who converted 23 years ago. He told M. Shimai and I not to worry about the language because we "radiated" and a lot of people would be attracted to us. He was super nice!

Sunday was great, as usual! Nothing extra special happened, except for M Shimai and I taught Sunday School, and we sang "One Small Babe" in choir. I've never heard that song before, but it was super pretty. Look it up if you can! That alto part rocks in that song. Also, we had the BYU Men's Chorus come perform for devotional. They were amazing! There is something good about BYU! 

Monday nothing really exciting happened. We learned that you sound smart in Japan if you can get the particles right, so I'm screwed haha. The particles are super tough, but I'm beginning to understand them more. But yeah, nothing else really exciting happened. 

Tuesday was great. We taught one of our investigators, Sato san, and that went well. We had Elder Ronald Rasband of the seventy speak to us in devotional, and he actually spoke at the Christmas Devotional! So it was super cool to see him again. Since it's Christmas, he spoke about spiritual gifts. Speaking of which, I think I get to email on Christmas! I'm not 100% sure, that's just what I've heard. So we'll see! I've been so busy with learning Japanese and getting ready to go that I've totally forgotten about Christmas. Also, I got the package that day. Thanks so much! It was great.

Wednesday was crazy! We hosted, and it was insane. I hosted 6 sisters, so I never had a break. It was always, go, go, go. So it was pretty fun! The MTC makes the world a very small place. We also got to Skype church members in Nihon that night! We talked to Miki san for a little bit, who showed us her akachan (baby), and he was the cutest thing! When we were talking to her, M Shimai accidentally told Miki san that she had three sons and a daughter. It was so funny! She recovered quickly though. Then we talked to another Nihonjin for a little bit. It was a cool experience!

Thursday was sad. We said goodbye to our teacher that's been with us since Day 1. It was so sad! We found out what happened to real John (we've been teaching him as one of our investigators). He was baptized in the Pacific Ocean, and a year later went to the temple with his family. So cute! I also had the first Nihonjin laugh at my name that day. Haha the first of many, I assume!

Yesterday we got our flight plans!! Ahh it's crazy that we are leaving! The MTC has been wonderful, it really goes by super fast.

Well I hope you all have a great week, and a great Christmas!! I hope I get to email on the day! I love you all, and miss you so much. I'll talk to you soon!

ai shitemasu

Dansie Shimai
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment