Monday, April 27, 2015

Two Valuable Lessons

Hey everyone!

Again, this week wasn't super exciting. Sorry, I feel like the closer and closer I get to coming home, the less and less I have to write. I guess I can just tell you it all when I get home!

We had a couple of really good lessons this week! I learned, well I can you can say re-learned, two great principles this week: one, the importance of having a good, effective personal study and two, the importance of using members in our teaching. Our first lesson this week was with N. We contacted her during the week to see if she had prayed on her own. She said she had, and she felt closer to Jesus Christ, but she still wasn't sure about the existence of God. Therefore, during my personal study, I spent  a long time looking through scriptures in the Book of Mormon that had to do with God. When we got to the lesson, all the concerns that she had could be answered through the scriptures I had read that morning. We pretty much taught her through the Book of Mormon using 3 Nephi 18:20, Alma 32:27, Mosiah 4:9-12 and Alma 18. Her faith in Christ and God is really growing! She says she believes in God's words. We invited her to pray and ask God if he is really there, and then study Alma 18. The spirit was way strong. It wouldn't have been, though, had it not been for personal study that morning. That was a real blessing, and I hope she receives her answer. Then another lesson we had after that, a member came to help us. I'm always humbled my members and the power that they have, especially here in Japan. They turn Christianity and our church from just an American religion, to something that can help anyone, even Buddhist Japanese people. That lesson went really well, too.

We also got a new stake president this week! That was exciting.

We are on our way to the aquarium that I went to last year. I'm way excited! I realized that I only have a few P-Days left, so I have to make them count. Next week is temple P-Day, so I'm excited for that! I love you all! Have a great week! Love you!

Sister Lexie Dansie


No comments:

Post a Comment