I apologize in advance for
the length of this letter. Not too much happened this week, so I don't have a
lot to write about.
General Conference was amazing!! I loved hearing from the prophets. M Shimai
came, too, and she had the support of a lot of Ward members, so that was a
great experience for her. There was a huge theme though: marriage. It way
scared me because I'm coming home so soon! The whole time I was like,
"Stop telling me to get married right off the bat because I don't want
to!" I'm rebelling against the prophets and apostles, I guess. I though
Elder Holland gave an amazing talk as well (of course). I was on the edge of my
seat as he was telling the story of the rock climbers. One experience I thought
was really cool was how Conference really answers all of our questions. I thought
of a question a week or so ago about what grace is and how it applies to me and
to my investigators. I didn't even think about it before Conference started,
but President Uchtdorf answered it with his amazing talk about the power of
grace. If we go into Conference with questions, we will receive an answer to
literally every question we have. That restrengthened my testimony about how we
have living prophets on the earth today so that we can receive revelation and
know what we need to do in order to be safe and protected in this life. It was
really, really amazing, and I'm sad that it was my last General Conference as a
missionary. I feel like I've gotten more out of it than ever before!
That's about all that happened this week. We did meet with a couple of our
investigators this week, which was great. We were teaching our investigator, N,
about the Plan of Salvation, and I could feel the Spirit working through me and
D Shimai to personally relate the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement to her.
The spirit was so powerful that N and D Shimai started crying! That was a really
powerful moment. The Plan of Salvation is true!
Again, sorry for the short email; however, I'll Skype you and be home soon
enough that I can just tell you these things when I see you :). I love you all
so much! Thank you for all the support you've given me this past year and a
half, and that you continue to give me. Talk to you soon! Love you!
Sister Lexie Dansie
No comments:
Post a Comment