Monday, March 9, 2015

Two by Two

Hi!

So I apologize now for the shortness of my email. My companion that I'm training, D S., did not receive an iPad and won't until mid-next week. We have to share until then, which includes sharing email time; therefore, I don't have a lot of time, so I'm really sorry!

As far as this week went, it was really good! We are back to two sisters again! R S. got emergency transferred to Kamiooka because another sister had to go home due to injuries. It's way sad, but being in two has been fun. It's really built mine and D S's relationship. We are actually a lot alike! She reminds me of when I was a new missionary. It's kind of cool! I'm trying to help her transition to missionary life be as smooth as possible because it's certainly not an easy process. She's a real champ, though.

We had our dinner and appointment with Y, our new investigator, and we were able to teach her the Restoration. She said she doesn't really believe in God, but when we finished teaching the restoration, she said that she felt like it was a message from God and that it was important to learn. She said she would start taking lessons. Miracle! We met with her again on Saturday and had another great lesson. She started asking us a bunch of questions about prayer and the Book of Mormon. In Japanese, the Book of Mormon is way hard to read, so we went with depth with what it meant and read some scriptures together. Afterwards, she said she would be able to read it, and we prayed together. She said an amazing prayer! She's way willing to learn! It's amazing! Then she came to church on Sunday! It was Ward Conference, so there were a ton of people there. I think it overwhelmed her a bit, but she said she enjoyed it. Hopefully we continue to meet with her this week! We are way happy about Y!

The rest of this week was good. Our recent convert, J S, went to the temple for baptisms on Saturday and said she loved it. Great things are happening around Tama! We have Zone Conference tomorrow, the last one before I leave. I'll be giving my goodbye testimony at it, which is so weird. I'll let you know how it goes next week! I love you all! Talk to you next week! The church is true! Love you!

Sister Lexie Dansie

No comments:

Post a Comment