Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Social Media Fair 2015

As you probably saw on Facebook, we had a big Social Media Fair at the church by our mission home, which was the first of its kind in Japan. Members came from all around the mission to learn about how to spread the Gospel online. They had little breakout sessions including a Facebook session, Twitter, Mormon.org, and how to work with missionaries, which is where I came into play. About two months ago, the first counselor of our mission presidency asked me to do a presentation about how missionaries and members can work together on Facebook. I was so nervous! But I was able to prepare for a while, and then I had my presentation at the fair. It went really well. It was funny because I had to give three presentations, and the first one President Wada and the first counselor, President Stevenson, attended. After the presentation was over, they went up to each other and were like, "Nice choice! She did great." It was really funny. I felt honored to do the presentation, though. I really learned a lot about how members and missionaries can truly work to spread this wonderful a Gospel together in simple ways using the technology we have. We live in an amazing era. I feel really blessed because I feel like technology and Facebook usage has been a huge part of my mission experience. I've really learned a lot about it. All in all, even though I was way scared to present because it was in 100% Japanese, it went really well and I'm grateful for the opportunity that I had. Also, D Shimai and I took a picture in front of the room where I was presenting with the poster I used, so that's my new profile picture on Facebook!

Other things that happened this week: I gave my "good bye" testimony at Zone Conference. Normally I don't really cry when I bare my testimony, but I was crying from the get-go when I gave my good bye testimony. I didn't really know what I was going to say when I went up, but I figure I would talk about the things that I've learned and am still learning as a missionary. So I spoke on the Book of Mormon, our divine nature as God's children, the Atonement of Jesus Christ our Savior, and praying with faith. Obviously I've learned a lot more, but those are the things that I've really grown to know and apply in my life. The Spirit took the rest!

As far as investigators go, literally we didn't meet with anyone this week because they were all busy or sick, which stinks. We did do a lot of finding, though, so that was good. It's been a pretty big, good week overall! Being a missionary is hard, but I love it here! The church is true! I love you all and I'll talk to you next week!

Sister Lexie Dansie






No comments:

Post a Comment