Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Transfer 8!


What a fast, amazing transfer it's been! So many great things are happening in Yokosuka. Also, personally, I feel like, with the help of the Lord, I'm reaching my potential to be a great missionary.
Obviously, I still have many flaws and nowhere near perfect, but it's really cool to be seeing and feeling this change in myself. I'm doing and saying things I thought I never would have the guts to do. It's really cool! Here's to hoping that I can get better and better over the next 4 transfers.

Okay, you all are probably wondering what's going on with transfers. So, President Wada is still really impressed with how well H. Shimai and I are doing together, so...we are staying together in Yokosuka again! BUT we are becoming a three-some, and we are training together! It's so exciting! I'm so excited to have a trainee. Also, that means I'll get to stay in Yokosuka for 4 transfers! That's 6 months! And H. Shimai and I will be companions for 3 transfers, which is extremely rare. I'll let you know how our training experience is next week!

This week was really a great week! We were able to meet with some of our investigators. M is still doing great. She wants to get baptized still, we just have to meet her parents. We also taught another lady named C who is an older lady whose husband died, and we committed her to be baptized! She said she would want to be baptized in the future, so that's way exciting, too! We haven't been able to meet the Ks or F in a while because they've been busy, but hopefully soon!

We had a couple of really cool events happen this last week. First of all, I got to go on splits with M Shimai (Who goes home this week) because we were invited to go to a Facebook Meeting that we had at the mission home. I didn't hear much about the meeting beforehand, so when we got there, you could say we were both a bit surprised to see just us, the Assistants, J, President Wada, the Tokyo Mission President and some of his missionaries, the Area Presidency, some other church men from Salt Lake, and a camera man at the meeting, too!! Turns out this meeting that we had will be broadcast to other missions in Japan, Korea, and various places. My face is going to be all over missions in Asia! I was way honored and humbled to be invited to that meeting. It was a pretty big deal, but it was a great training. We talked about good experiences that we've had and how members can use Facebook better. It was inspiring! They said when you post spiritual things over social media, look for nonmembers/less actives who are responsive (liking, sharing, commenting, etc.) to that post. That's how we will gather those who are prepared over social media. It's a way great tool to use! In the scriptures it says that the Gospel will be preached from the rooftops. Well, we all have satellites on our roofs, so that's how we connect to the Internet. Via the satellites. We are sharing the Gospel from the rooftops! This is a really exciting time to be sharing and preaching this true Gospel.

The other event we had this week was a Music Night. What a great night that was! We had both English members and Japanese people sing, play guitar, violin, piano and the ukulele. It was so fun! Yokosuka missionaries performed, too. It was so fun. The Spirit was way strong. 45 people showed up, too! The embers who showed up kept saying how great of an event it was. We were able to make some appointments to teach our friends/English class students who came, and we gave out a Book of Mormon. It was a great night!

That's about all for this week. For P-Day today, we went to China Town in Yokohama, which was way fun!

I love you all so much! This Gospel is true! Have a good week! Talk to you soon! Love you!

Lexie
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment