Monday, October 13, 2014

General Conference


Hi, everyone!

I'm typing this as it is raining outside. The great news is that the typhoon has died down, so we are just expecting heavy rain and a lot of wind tonight. Sister Wada has told us to stay inside after 6pm, so no worries! I'll be safe. We actually found out last week that we will be moving to a new apartment this Thursday because Yokosuka will soon become 4 sisters. We will probably be packing up our apartment while we are inside tonight!

We are a bit sad to be moving because we have made a lot of friends in our apartment building. It an effort to say good-bye to all of our new friends, we have been busy making cakes and cookies, as well as delivering Book of Mormons. We've given out 6 Book of Mormons in the past couple of days! It's been so fun! We hope that at least one of our friends will read it and it will change their life someday. We've done a lot of planting recently!

We also got to watch General Conference this weekend! It was AMAZING! I love how topics aren't assigned, but everyone pretty much talks about the same thing. I think a few of the themes were teaching the Gospel in the home, following the prophet, and staying on the path towards exaltation. I also loved Elder Bednar's talk!! I wish all nonmembers would read it! He described perfectly why we do missionary work. I also loved how some of the speakers were able to speak in their native language! That was funky! Overall, I felt very spiritually uplifted, and I re-realized what I need to in order to return to live with our Heavenly Father. I love Conference!! It truly is God's word.

We taught quite a few lessons this week, too! We've been very blessed recently to find people who are actually interested in learning the Gospel! We are officially teaching three new people, which is a record for new investigators in one week! I loved meeting with them for the first time and watching their face after we prayed. It was their first time hearing a prayer that's more of a conversation rather than memorized, and they all had little smiles on their face afterwards. I hope it works out with the three of them (or even just 1). It's a truly an amazing experience getting to teach people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary in Japan! The church is true!

Transfer calls are next week! They always come so fast. I hope I get to stay in Yokosuka for longer! I'll let you know how it goes next week! I love you all and miss you! Have a great week! Love you!

Sister Dansie

No comments:

Post a Comment