Ohayo gozaimasu! Watashi no kazoku desu! (Good morning. My family)
I'm so happy to get to email you again! This whole once a week communication thing is weird. Thanks for the package you sent! It totally made my day. All the DearElder letters you've sent everyday are great too, and I love getting them. I absolutely love getting mail.
This week definitely went by faster than last. It's been kind of a crazy week. There are missionaries from Japan that arrived on Tuesday! Two are going to Tokyo South! It's so great, and they're all very sweet. The devotional on Tuesday was great! It was given by W. Craig Zwick of the Seventy. My companion and I got to be in the choir, but we mouthed a lot of the words because the notes were too high. Jumping back to Sunday, fast and testimony meeting was great! My companion and I totally forgot about daylight savings time until about 2 in the afternoon, so that was a bummer. No sleeping in for us! We got to watch a talk given by Elder Bednar one Christmas at the MTC called The Character of Christ. It was a great talk, and I definitely recommend watching it! Monday was cool. We taught our investigator a couple of times, and it went pretty well! My companion and I decided to sing hymns in Nihongo during the lesson, and our investigator really liked it! By the way, the investigators are not actually investigators. They are return missionaries, but they play the part of someone they taught on their mission. On Monday, our sensei told us about revelation that Elder Eyring gave in 2003 that Japan would soon flourish, and a lot of people will be accepting of the Gospel message. Hopefully that'll happy while I'm there! By the way, every P-day we get to go to the Provo Temple! It's super pretty inside of there.
Here is our drawing of the Plan of Salvation in Japanese.
Japanese is still coming. I've learned a ton in the past week. On Wednesday, we got a new sensei, and that was a little frustrating because it was like day 1 all over again, but I snapped out of being frustrated. I had a really cool thought this week. As a missionary, I'm standing on the path towards the tree of life, and I'm inviting my investigators to enter the path. It was really awesome! The days here in the MTC are essentially the same. Wake up, eat, study, class, study, eat, work out, study, eat, class, study, go to bed. But they're good days! I've really liked it here in the MTC! It makes me want to go out to Nihon and teach. The missionaries that are going there in two weeks just got their travel itinerary. They're all super excited!
I miss you all so much, I really do. I love being a missionary, though! I feel so blessed to be here. I know there's someone in Tokyo who needs me. I love you all, and I'll talk to you soon!
I miss you all so much, I really do. I love being a missionary, though! I feel so blessed to be here. I know there's someone in Tokyo who needs me. I love you all, and I'll talk to you soon!
-Dansie Shimai (but you can all still call me by my first name. It's weird not hearing it here.)
Reminder of Lexie's contact information:
MTC Room!


No comments:
Post a Comment