Even though it's been long, I'm really enjoying the MTC.
M Shimai is my companion!!! I'm so blessed to have her as my companion. She is
so great, down to earth, funny and super spiritual. We get along really well
together, and she pushes me to be the best missionary I can be. We are the only
two in our room, so that's nice. We have 8 chorotachi (elders) in our district,
and they are phenomenal. I swear they've all had Nihongo (Japanese) practice
before, because they all seem fluent. My companion I are the only shimaitachi
(sisters) in our district. We spend about 6+ hours in the classroom a day. We've
learned a lot the past couple of days, but the more I learn Nihongo, the more I
remember French. It's super inconvenient haha. Our sensei is really great, but
he speaks 98% Japanese. The first day I was totally lost, but It's gotten
better! All the girls in my branch are great, and we workout together everyday
(which I'm still trying to get used to). By the way, I was named senior
companion for the first four weeks! It was exciting. We taught our first lesson
in Nihongo yesterday! We didn't understand what he said back to us, but I could
totally feel of the Savior's love for him. It was a really cool experience! He
invited us to come back and teach tonight.
It's been a long, hard week, but I love being a
missionary! I've definitely caught myself having thoughts of home, but it's
gotten better. I love putting my nametag on every morning! I love the challenge
of learning Japanese! It pushes my beyond belief. I miss you all, and I hope
you're doing well! I love you all so much, and I'll talk to you soon! The
Church is true!
-Dansie Shimai


No comments:
Post a Comment