I survived the
typhoon! So here's the funny thing, it felt like the storm was really looming
on Thursday night because it was raining, windy, and the clouds were just
really mean looking, and people told us to get really prepared, so we were a
little worried. We went to sleep on Thursday night, and woke up on Friday, and
it was sunny. It was just like a normal day. The storm didn't hit us! It passed
right by. I actually heard it did some damage in south Japan, but we were fine
here in Tokyo South. Then Saturday morning I woke up at 4:30am to an
earthquake, but I was so tired that as soon as the shaking stopped,
I fell right back asleep. I wasn't even worried about it because I was so
tired. It's definitely been an interesting week weather wise. Now it's starting
to get really hot, really sunny, and really humid. Oh joy!
This week was really great! We were able to meet with a lot of friends and the people we are teaching. Last PDay we went to Kamakura, which is a big touristy area with a shrine, with our friend. I've been there before, but it was fun to go again.
As your probably saw from the pics on FB, we went to a Japanese class this week, too, which was super fun! It was good practice for my Japanese, and afterwards we had a huge pot luck. There was food from China, the Philippines, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, you name it! That's one of the things that I love about Japan, is how many people from around the world are here. It's so great to learn about different people and cultures!
On Friday we had a lot of time to proselyte, so we went for a little bit of an adventure to the most farm-like area I've ever seen in our mission. We walked for 20 minutes with nothing but fields around us. It was a neat experience because we are always surrounded by buildings. We were able to find a really nice mother and daughter who speak a lot of English, so we invited them to an activity we have coming up. That was a definitely a day where we were led by the Spirit.
Saturday was a great day! We had a sushi lunch with two of our English class students, and we were able to talk a little bit about the Book of Mormon. After that, we went to visit the family we are teaching. We taught them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and asked them to be baptized. They said they would! We weren't able to set a date, but we invited them pray about it! The only bad thing is we can't meet with them for two weeks because they are busy, but I so hope they get baptized! I love this family to pieces, and they are really progressing well. There is the father and mother, a 6-year- old boy, a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old girl, with one more on the way! Whenever I talk to them, I feel the Savior's love for them so strongly. Afterwards, we stayed and ate dinner with them, then they invited us to go to a firework show with them. It was such a fun day with them. I'm praying so hard every night that they will have that desire to be baptized because it would be a dream come true to go to their sealing in the temple someday. They are a very prepared family.
Sunday was great, too! We taught two lessons. One lady in the ward brought her friend to church, and I was able to talk to her a little bit during church. She told me she wants to learn more! She's from Africa, so she's very religious. I hope we can meet with her again maybe this week! We also had dinner at a member's house Sunday night, and she invited a non-member to come eat, too. I love all the missionary examples that are here in the ward! I'm so thankful for all the families because they each have their struggles. The ward is the English military ward, and a lot of the husbands are gone a lot. They each have their struggles, but are still incredible examples of living the Gospel. I'm grateful to be here in Yokosuka!
We went to the temple today, so that's why I had email time today. I love going to the temple! It's always a great experience, and I love how strong the Spirit is there.
That's about all for me this week. I love you all and am praying for you everyday. I miss you, but I'm grateful to be doing the Lord's work. Have a good week! I love you!
Lexie
ダンジー姉妹
This week was really great! We were able to meet with a lot of friends and the people we are teaching. Last PDay we went to Kamakura, which is a big touristy area with a shrine, with our friend. I've been there before, but it was fun to go again.
As your probably saw from the pics on FB, we went to a Japanese class this week, too, which was super fun! It was good practice for my Japanese, and afterwards we had a huge pot luck. There was food from China, the Philippines, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, you name it! That's one of the things that I love about Japan, is how many people from around the world are here. It's so great to learn about different people and cultures!
On Friday we had a lot of time to proselyte, so we went for a little bit of an adventure to the most farm-like area I've ever seen in our mission. We walked for 20 minutes with nothing but fields around us. It was a neat experience because we are always surrounded by buildings. We were able to find a really nice mother and daughter who speak a lot of English, so we invited them to an activity we have coming up. That was a definitely a day where we were led by the Spirit.
Saturday was a great day! We had a sushi lunch with two of our English class students, and we were able to talk a little bit about the Book of Mormon. After that, we went to visit the family we are teaching. We taught them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and asked them to be baptized. They said they would! We weren't able to set a date, but we invited them pray about it! The only bad thing is we can't meet with them for two weeks because they are busy, but I so hope they get baptized! I love this family to pieces, and they are really progressing well. There is the father and mother, a 6-year- old boy, a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old girl, with one more on the way! Whenever I talk to them, I feel the Savior's love for them so strongly. Afterwards, we stayed and ate dinner with them, then they invited us to go to a firework show with them. It was such a fun day with them. I'm praying so hard every night that they will have that desire to be baptized because it would be a dream come true to go to their sealing in the temple someday. They are a very prepared family.
Sunday was great, too! We taught two lessons. One lady in the ward brought her friend to church, and I was able to talk to her a little bit during church. She told me she wants to learn more! She's from Africa, so she's very religious. I hope we can meet with her again maybe this week! We also had dinner at a member's house Sunday night, and she invited a non-member to come eat, too. I love all the missionary examples that are here in the ward! I'm so thankful for all the families because they each have their struggles. The ward is the English military ward, and a lot of the husbands are gone a lot. They each have their struggles, but are still incredible examples of living the Gospel. I'm grateful to be here in Yokosuka!
We went to the temple today, so that's why I had email time today. I love going to the temple! It's always a great experience, and I love how strong the Spirit is there.
That's about all for me this week. I love you all and am praying for you everyday. I miss you, but I'm grateful to be doing the Lord's work. Have a good week! I love you!
Lexie
ダンジー姉妹


No comments:
Post a Comment