Thursday, June 13, 2013

Getting the Call!

After much anticipation and checking the mail box every day, my mission call has finally arrived! I saw that big white envelope with my name on it and about passed out. With my family and some of my closest friends around me, I read the words, "Dear Sister Dansie: 
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Japan Tokyo South Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. 
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, October 30, 2013. You will prepare to teach the gospel in the Japanese language."
Can you believe that?? JAPAN! Excitement, fear, joy, nerves, and love consumed me in that moment. That's definitely the last place I expected to be called, but I can't wait to serve the Lord in Tokyo! The Church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment